Meal prepping some layered salads in a jar will save you a ton of time during the week and ensure that you are filling your body with nourishing, yummy, whole foods.
Follow these SIMPLE RULES FOR SUCCESS
- Number 1 rule and the MOST important rule…. be sure to put the dressing on the bottom. This guarantees that your salad ingredients won’t get soggy and wilted.
- Next add in any grains, beans, pasta and or meat.
- Top with the fixings, nuts, seeds, dried fruit or cheese. Pretty much anything that you want to keep dry.
- Final layer is the leafy greens, kale, spinach, romaine, etc.
- Place on a secure lid and store in the fridge until ready to eat ~ I normally make about 3-5 days worth of salads for lunch.
- Simply pour onto a plate or into a bowl and voila lunch is ready!!
- Thai peanut dressing (recipe below)
- Cooked brown spouted rice
- Grilled chicken breast (chopped)
- Snap peas (halved)
- Green onions (chopped)
- coleslaw salad mix
- romaine lettuce (chopped)
- Place all ingredients in order into a 1 liter size mason jar starting with the dressing and finishing with the romaine lettuce.
- Secure with a lid and place in the fridge.
- Great for 3-5 days
Thai Peanut Sauce
(makes enough for 3 salads)
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp braggs liquid seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place peanut butter and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Heat in the microwave, on high for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Allow mixture to let sit for a few minutes before serving to set and thicken.